This beautiful, spacious home is located in the quiet, convenient northwest community of Anderson Mill in Austin, Texas. Located only five minutes from the nearest hospital and medical care facility, the house is easily accessible from all directions.
A True Feeling of Home
Although Ruby’s Home at Anderson Mill is a Type B Assisted Living Home in Austin (License #131205), it more resembles a large family house. The lack of signage is by design to help convey the feeling of being part of a family. All of the rooms are private, with some having adjoining bathrooms. Because of the home’s small size, attendants can truly ‘attend’ to the resident’s special needs. Daily blood pressure, pulse, and blood sugars help us track the current physical status of our residents.
Professional, Experienced Staff
At our Anderson Mill home, staff meetings are held monthly on-site. The meetings are actually in-services, designed to acquaint the staff with issues that affect our residents. Our staff discusses topics such as signs of Alzheimer’s, Hospice care, and general safety issues that need constant review.
Besides monthly meetings, caregivers are encouraged to ‘weigh in’ on any any issues of care that they may have. This open forum allows the caregivers to participate in discussing changes in our residents’ health status, the reason for changes in medication orders, including possible side effects. Not only does this assure that the actual caregiver is current with new doctor’s orders, it allows a sharing of information among the attendants, thus allowing the high quality of care to continue.
- Daily meals prepared fresh and served in the dining room.
- 24-hour staffing- overnight attendant always available.
- Assistance with personal care, such as incontinent care, bathing, dressing, and grooming as needed.
- Laundry services provided.
- Medications are supervised and prescription ordering is completed by a Licensed Vocational Nurse, visiting physician, or psychiatrist as needed.
- Fire / Smoke detectors and sprinkler system throughout the building.
- 24-hour outside monitoring of emergency system.
All the Amenities of Home
All of our Austin, Tx residential care homes go above and beyond to meet our residents needs, including:
- Private Living / Dining rooms for family reunions and special occasions.
- Spacious private and semi-private rooms.
- All rooms have cable television.
- We encourage the addition of your own furnishings and personal items to obtain that “at home” feeling.
- Call / Help buttons in all resident beds and bathrooms.
- Variety of room sizes for single, double or married occupancy.
- Wheelchair and walker-friendly hallways, living rooms, and bathrooms.
- Dining room menu varies from day to day.
- 24-hour staffing.
- Beautifully landscaped, spacious backyard with deck, and 8-foot privacy fence. Garden area is available and encouraged.